What is PPC management?
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) management involves the management and oversight of a company’s spending on PPC ads. The goal is to develop effective strategies and make ad purchases while minimizing overall expenditure. This task can be carried out by the company itself or by a specialized agency hired to manage PPC ad purchases.
PPC ads management is considered an evolving practice, as achieving perfect optimization is not always feasible but remains the ultimate goal.
What Are the Typical Responsibilities of a PPC Agency or Specialist?
PPC management services involves a range of crucial components that are closely interrelated for maximum effectiveness:
- Keyword analysis: Identifying and targeting specific keywords and search queries that potential customers are likely to use when searching for a company’s products or services.
- Channel strategy: Choosing the most appropriate channels for PPC marketing, such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, affiliate networks, and paid social media placements.
- Monitoring: Keeping a close eye on search term reports to determine which keywords/queries are most frequently used and focusing on these for ad buys.
- ROI tracking: Using overall return on investment as a guideline for determining the amount paid and scope of ad buys.
- Competitive analysis: Monitoring competitors’ tactics and strategies, such as whether to compete directly on the same keywords or target gaps in their strategy.
- Negative match: Filtering out users who are unlikely to convert, based on criteria such as income level or geographic proximity.
- A/B Testing: Conducting ongoing split testing to determine the most effective ad copy, graphics, and other display variables.
Who should benefit from hiring a PPC management company?
Although some companies may hesitate to hire professionals for managing their PPC campaigns due to the additional expense, in many cases, it can be a worthwhile investment as it improves efficiency and returns on investment.
Companies that are new to online advertising, lack an in-house advertising team, or are small firms without sufficient resources to oversee PPC effectively are good candidates for hiring a PPC management company. Additionally, organizations that cannot afford the expensive software and database systems required for optimal PPC management can benefit from hiring a dedicated PPC management firm. These companies possess significant expertise in the area, as well as industry contacts and established connections to existing advertising platforms, which can level the playing field for smaller online businesses to compete with larger ones.